If your iPhone won’t turn on or charge, you can learn what to do from this article. There are 6 available solutions which are proved to be effective.
This issue can be resolved by uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer because such security software blocks the installation of firmware sometimes. After you uninstall antivirus software, the issue “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away. Try reinstalling the iTunes/Finder if the firmware corrupts or the compatibility error is still testing your patience and not going away. The iTunes/Finder configuration doesn’t match firmware files sometimes and iTunes/Finder upgrade cannot solve the error. Try to update or restore your iPhone after reinstalling the latest iTunes/Finder.
- This may happen because of using different iOS versions on your devices.
- Now you just need to wait until the iPhone updated as usual.
- The first two options will do no harm to your data, and the first one is totally free.
However, if you never drop your iPhone or get it soaked in liquid, it’s still possible to fix black screen on iPhone using the methods above by yourself. In this step, the Passvers program will detect your phone model and the iOS version. If it fails to do that, you can manually select them for your device.
- Invalid response received to EEPROM write command.
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Moreover, this is helpful to identify whether iPhone not turning on is due to a hardware problem.
- Click “Next” to upload the corrupted DOCX file and wait patiently.
- When Force restart or update don’t repair iOS system, try factory reset.
Tried iOS update and restore, but it kept crapping out and never got to the actual restore feature. Further, Apple opens downgrade to lower iOS only for a limited period after the new iOS release. You can read more and dig deeper into this download stock firmware method here. Data corruption can sometimes cause files to seemingly disappear from your computer. Stellar is a data recovery software that helps you to recover deleted or lost data from SSDs, hard drives, and USB drives. This tool enables you to restore email, audio, photos, videos, etc. Vera is an editor of the MiniTool Team since 2016 who has more than 5 years’ writing experiences in the field of technical articles.